If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients with lung cancer, join our team. Click below for details on current open positions. If you are interested in a position at Broncus that is not listed below, send your resume to email@example.com.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
We are looking for a talented person who can plans, directs, coordinates, and executes manufacturing engineering activities related to new product development and sustaining existing product by performing the following duties:Read more details and apply for this position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Develops, evaluates, and documents manufacturing methods for new products in development. Owner of authoring documentation required for finished goods production.
- Partners with design staff concerning product design and process designs to ensure efficient, repeatable and cost effective production methods.
- Develops and drives process validation of new products or repeat validation of existing products. Drives authoring of protocols, completion of testing, and authoring reports to support validation and transfer phases of development.
- Design, plan, and support transfer to foreign MFG facility or contract manufacturer as required by business plan. Travel will be required to foreign countries such as China to support these transfer activities.
- Troubleshoots mfg. issues and is owner of research, testing and/or analysis to resolve. Implements resolution in DMR with required justification and background to support.
- Analyzes space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Mini Design Projects such as accessories to existing products, redesign of sub parts to large assemblies or cost reductions.
- Leads resolution of manufacturing and process issues.
- Applies statistical methods where required by standard or standard practice. Applies statistical methods such as DOEs to understand manufacturing requirements and improve processes.
- Provides technical support to the Purchasing and Quality Assurance for supplier selection, cost negotiation, and quality problem resolution.
- Responsible for managing projects associated with tooling and fixturing, automation, manufacturing processes, process improvement, cost containment, yield improvement, and scrap reduction.
- Interacts with vendors to determine or refine specifications and arranges for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and qualifies processes as required.
- Responsible for IQ, OQ of capitalized business equipment, and critical manufacturing equipment, fixtures and tools.
- Supports the regulatory submission process in compliance with all ISO, EN, MDD and FDA regulations and requirements by gathering data, assisting in the completion of submissions, and meeting goals set forth by project management
- Responsible for development of manufacturing support documentation, working with engineers to identify best-fit suppliers and sourcing of materials to ensure product quality, cost, manufacturing and delivery requirements are met.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
BS degree in engineering with minimum of 8 years experience or AA with minimum of 10 years of experience. Must have 3+ years of hands-on medical device or pharmaceutical company experience. Must be able to multi-task and operate in a fast startup environment with minimal training and supervision.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret manufacturing instructions, CAD drawings, spreadsheets, business memos, reports, technical procedures, and simple legal documents. Ability to write protocols, reports, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers. Ability to respond to general inquiries or complaints from production staff and other team members. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
Word processing, spreadsheet, Internet, e-mail, manufacturing, and Solidworks or other CAD
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals as well as potentially biohazardous human and animal tissue.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 70 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, depth perception, distance vision, close vision, and microscope use.
Apply for this position
R&D Imaging Software Engineer
We are looking for a talented person who can design and implement a 3D medical software tool, and take a hands-on role in our Software Development group. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in general software development, GUI development, medical image analysis, and 3D graphics.Read more details and apply for this position
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The candidate selected to fill this position will have:
- Master or PhD in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields.
- Experience in building interactive GUIs with 3D rendering using OpenGL on Windows
- Experience with software development process in a regulated environment is a plus
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D medical images is preferred.
- Experience with multithreaded and multi-process programming.
- Expertise in Machine Learning, Image Processing, and Image Analysis techniques in the medical domain is a big plus. Specialties may include feature extraction, segmentation, visualization, surgical planning, or related disciplines.
- Fundamental knowledge of and experience with data structures and algorithms.
- Superb problem solving abilities in complex systems
- Flexibility in contributing to the project and determination to drive tasks to solution
- Experience with VTK, ITK or other graphics and image processing tools is a plus
- Experience in DICOM and database is a plus
THE REASONS TO JOIN US
- An opportunity to significantly impact the lives of millions of lung cancer patients
- A small, startup environment on the verge of growing into a global enterprise
- An honest, rewarding, team-based, fun environment
- An extraordinary group of employees, advisors, and investors
- Equity participation, and competitive compensation and benefits