If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients with lung cancer, join our team. Click below for details on current open positions. If you are interested in a position at Broncus that is not listed below, send your resume to email@example.com.
Plans, directs, and coordinates engineering activities related to manufacturing by performing the following duties.Read more details and apply for this position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
• Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
• Analyzes space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
• Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
• Confers with vendors to determine specifications and arranges for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates these according to specifications and quality standards.
• Estimate production rates, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
• Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Applies statistical methods to estimate manufacturing requirements and potential.
• Supports the regulatory submission process in compliance with all ISO, EN, MDD and FDA regulations and requirements by gathering data, assisting in the completion of submissions, and meeting goals set forth by project management.
• Builds product and subassemblies for testing, prototyping, product or process improvements, and low volume production.
• Leads process validations and process improvements.
• Performs periodic preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment.
• Participates in the receiving of production materials and completes associated paperwork.
• Prepares product for shipment and completes associated paperwork.
• Participates in the maintenance and cleaning of the facility and the Controlled Environment Room.
• Supports our computer systems by troubleshooting, communicating issues, and installing hardware and software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university and two to four years related experience and/or training.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
Word processing, Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Inventory and Manufacturing software, Database software, Solidworks (CAD)
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals and animal and human tissue. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to manipulate or sense objects. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 70 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, depth perception and close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this position
R&D Imaging Engineer
We are looking for a talented person who can design and implement a 3D medical software tool, and take a hands-on role in our Software Development group. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in general software development, GUI development, medical image analysis, and 3D graphics.Read more details and apply for this position
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The candidate selected to fill this position will have:
- Master or PhD in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields.
- Experience in building interactive GUIs with 3D rendering using OpenGL on Windows
- Experience with software development process in a regulated environment is a plus
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D medical images is preferred.
- Experience with multithreaded and multi-process programming.
- Expertise in Machine Learning, Image Processing, and Image Analysis techniques in the medical domain is a big plus. Specialties may include feature extraction, segmentation, visualization, surgical planning, or related disciplines.
- Fundamental knowledge of and experience with data structures and algorithms.
- Superb problem solving abilities in complex systems
- Flexibility in contributing to the project and determination to drive tasks to solution
- Experience with VTK, ITK or other graphics and image processing tools is a plus
- Experience in DICOM and database is a plus
THE REASONS TO JOIN US
- An opportunity to significantly impact the lives of millions of lung cancer patients
- A small, startup environment on the verge of growing into a global enterprise
- An honest, rewarding, team-based, fun environment
- An extraordinary group of employees, advisors, and investors
- Equity participation, and competitive compensation and benefits