If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients with lung cancer, join our team. Click below for details on current open positions. If you are interested in a position at Broncus that is not listed below, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Software R&D Manager
We are looking for a special person as a hands-on R&D Manager of the software team who directs and leads a group of highly talented and skilled engineers and scientists. Your scope of work establishes the development strategy for all software-based product development group. You will manage resources allocation, project deliveries and timeline and the priorities of the team. You will also work with Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Quality and other groups to ensure clear roles and responsibilities for product development and sustaining deliverables, collaborating with Marketing to define the short-term and long-term roadmaps for product development, collaborating with senior management, systems engineering, software engineering and transducer technology on system level projects and working with senior management and R&D management to ensure adequate resourcing of all software development projects.Read more details and apply for this position
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The candidate selected to fill this position will have:
- Requires 3+ years’ experience in functional area or related area
- Medical device industry experience in managing software product for at least 5 years
- Highly experience in the software development life cycle including planning, development, verification and validation testing
- Knowledge and experience with Medical Safety regulations from the FDA, IEC, AAMI, IEEE, and ISO
- Ability to adhere/respond to established time frames and schedule
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties including Company management and outside business associates
- Strong attention to details
- A passion to organized, readable, robust, and elegant code.
- Knowledge of 3D visualization techniques/languages such as OpenGL, OpenCL, CUDA.
- Proficiency in C++ programming with at least 3 years of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with 2D and 3D medical imaging.
- Proficient in the use of Project Management tools for planning, scheduling, task estimation
THE REASONS TO JOIN US
- An opportunity to significantly impact the lives of millions of lung cancer patients
- A small, startup environment on the verge of growing into a global enterprise
- An honest, rewarding, team-based, fun environment
- An extraordinary group of employees, advisors, and investors
- Equity participation, and competitive compensation and benefits
- May be required to travel to tradeshows, customer locations and support clinical studies