If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients with lung cancer, join our team. Click below for details on current open positions. If you are interested in a position at Broncus that is not listed below, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hardware and Support Engineer
A Hardware and Support Engineer will support and advance the hardware design of new and recently introduced products (bronchoscopic navigation systems and accessories) in a rapid development cycle, start-up company environment. This role will be the primary source to develop solutions for customer complaints which have a hardware origin. This role will also lead solutions for increased hardware performance needs considering reliability, and the use environment. This role will develop solutions to address needs of the system or company which includes the design control requirements and system tests necessary for implementation.Read more details and apply for this position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer system and electronic system issues
- Identify and document root causes of technical issues in the field and production floor.
- Design, develop and document solutions to fix identified problems.
- Communicate solutions to other team members
- Interact with project teams for new products development giving insights from technical issues of previous products.
- Study and recommend corrective solutions for enhancing manufacturing efficiency.
- Design, develop and document testing to determine the limits of and increase the system reliability considering shock, vibration, wear, heat, repetitive use power cycles and other environmental conditions.
- Considers and works with operations to source components to make proposed solutions manufacturable. Documents prototype builds and methods for future integration into manufacturing documentation
- Solutions proposed must consider regulatory compliance with all ISO, EN, MDD and FDA regulation and requirements and any existing Verification and Validation testing.
- Maintains up to date laboratory notebook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Thorough understanding of Windows operating systems
- Self-motivated with exceptional critical thinking and analytical abilities
- Strong communications skills
- Innovative, results-oriented problem solver
- MSCE certification is a plus
- Computer hardware or circuit design knowledge or experience is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or related field; and at least 5 years of experience troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
Candidate must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret manufacturing procedures, technical procedures, or hardware specifications. Candidate must have the ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Candidate must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
Candidate must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Candidate must have the ability to write up reasoning and present to team/ document in a report for an objective reader.
Word processing, Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and occasionally exposed to caustic or toxic chemicals.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, depth perception, distance vision and close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.