Bronchoscopic Transparenchymal Nodule Access (BTPNA) 1
- Biopsy yield was 100% for procedures where a tunnelled pathway (tract) was created (10 out of 10)
- Overall yield for BTPNA was 83% (10 out of 12), the tract could not be created in two patients (both having lesions in left upper lobe)
- No occurence of pneumothorax, localized hemorrhage, or bronchial or pulmonary lacerations
LungPoint Virtual Bronchoscopic
- Bronchoscopic transparenchymal nodule access (BTPNA): first in human trial of a novel procedure for sampling solitary pulmonary nodules; Herth, Eberhardt, Sterman, Silvestri, Hoffmann, and Shah/ Thorax; 2015
- Meta-Analysis of Guided Bronchoscopy for the Evaluation of the Pulmonary Nodule; Wang Memoli, Nietert, Silvestri/ CHEST; October 2011
- Interbronchoscopist Variability in Endobronchial Path Selection: A Simulation Study; Dolian, Cornish, Merriett, Ria et al; CHEST 2008; 133;897-905
- Eberhardt R, Kahn N, Gompelmann D, Schumann M, Heussel CP, Herth FJ. LungPoint – a new approach to peripheral lesions. Journal of Thoracic Oncology 2010;5(10):1559-63. LungPoint A New Approach to Peripheral Lesions
- Gibbs JD, Graham MW, and Higgins WE. A 3D MDCT-based system for planning peripheral bronchoscopic procedures. Computers in Biology and Medicine 2009;39;266-79.
- Yu KC, Gibbs JD, Graham MW, and Higgins WE. Image-based reporting for bronchoscopy. Journal of Digital Imaging 2008 Dec 3.
- Merritt SA, Gibbs JD, Yu KC, Patel V, Rai L, Cornish DC, Bascom R, and Higgins WE. Image-guided bronchoscopy for peripheral lung lesion: a phantom study. Chest 2008;134;1017-26. http://chestjournal.chestpubs.org/content/134/5/1017.abstract?sid=cec39411-ac5d-430b-b383-22683dc678f3
- Dolina, MY, Cornish DC, Merritt SA, Rai L, Mahraj R, Higgins WE and Bascom R. Interbronchoscopist variability in endobronchial path selection: a simulation study. Chest 2008;133;897-905. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18263679